| The KAPLAN GROUP of Companies invests in leveraged
buyouts, recapitalizations and growth capital transactions across
a wide range of chemical industry sectors. We look for companies in
which sound strategy and superior execution can enhance revenues and
As fundamental value investors, we seek superior return on investment
primarily through earnings growth, as opposed to multiple arbitrage
or financial engineering. We invest in a company when we believe
we can have a direct, positive impact on its financial performance.
Working in collaboration with management, we use our experience,
intellectual capital, network and financial resources to enhance
the value of the enterprise.
KAPITAL - Private Equity
||We have expertise in:
- strategic planning
- operational improvements
- acquisition strategy, execution and integration planning
- capital markets
||Our philosophy of partnering
with management is based on:
- aligned incentives
- collaborative approach to key strategic decisions
- principles of trust and fairness
||Our investment professionals
have very extensive experience and proven success in private
equity investing, as well as significant experience in operations,
strategy consulting and investment banking. Our mix of experience
and our diverse backgrounds enable us to operate comfortably
within a variety of industry sectors and transaction situations.
||We are able to execute
transactions efficiently and effectively due to our:
- streamlined decision process
- flexible transaction structures
- strong relationships with financing sources
- experience in complex transactions
Equity Investment Criteria
The KAPLAN GROUP of Companies is interested primarily in acquiring businesses that
it can help build through operating improvements and further acquisitions.
In particular, the firm looks for: (a) companies with strong expansion
opportunities, either internal or through acquisition; and (b) companies
with a sound business foundation where a limited number of identifiable
changes in operating practices or business strategy can substantially
The KAPLAN GROUP of Companies focuses on businesses which share the following characteristics:
- Small to middle market companies within the basic materials, manufacturing and related sectors.
- Growing industry with predictable fundamentals.
- Defensible market position with high entry barriers and switching costs.
- Large, growing or specialized markets that are relatively immune
to rapid technological obsolescence.
- A strong business foundation which can serve as a platform
for internal growth or acquisition.
- A fragmented industry structure that facilitates growth both
internally and through acquisitions.
- Identifiable opportunities to add value through a limited number
of operating improvements.
The KAPLAN GROUP of Companies has a strong industry focus and continuing interest
in the organic and inorganic industries, ranging from the high value-added
petro-chemical sector to the industrial mineral sector and basic manufacturing industries.